The club’s EGM will be taking place on Thursday 6th November at 7pm in the PEC, at which we will be voting in this years Fresher’s Representative and voting on any proposed reforms to the governing constitution.
Continue reading “EGM 2014”
This Thursday is the first pub crawl of the year!
It’s £2 per person (£3 if you don’t turned up dressed like a multi-coloured nutjob) and all money will go to Mourne Mountain rescue.So not only is it an excuse to get drunk, you are getting drunk for charity! Your hangover will save lives!
- Wear 6 different coloured pieces of clothes that you don’t care about losing. Red, White, Blue, Orange, Green and Yellow.
- Accessories like a pair of gloves or ear muffs count.
- Each person can make 1 swap of clothing per pub with the aim being to get 6 pieces of the one colour by the end of the night. Like a solved rubiks cube.
- Drink vouchers will be handed out to anyone in the last pub who presents themselves correctly to the most sober committee member present.
- If a soberish committee member is not available a high functioning alcoholic committee member should be slapped in the face a few times to revive them.
- Public nudity is officially not permitted (Unofficially it is only frowned upon in the mildest possible fashion)
Chances are you will never see the items of clothing again so don’t wear anything expensive! We recommend heading to charity shops, Primark or pound shops to pick stuff up on the cheap!
- Meet from 18.00 In Madison’s – catch the cocktail deal. This is a warm up pub for hardcore, Rubix swapping is not permitted yet to give people a chance to get out of uni and get sorted.
- 19:00-19:45 The Empire
- 19:15 Explain the Rules, collect money and commence swapping.
- 20:00-20:30 Lavery’s Downstairs
- 20:45-21:30 The Parlour
- 21:45-22-15 Ryan’s
- 22.25-23:10 Cuckoo
- 23.25-23.55 The Eglantine Inn
- 00.00-Kickout The Bot, Final swap chance and presentation of solved colours at 00:15
Hope you guys have recovered from the freshers trip!
I’d like to give a massive thanks to everyone who came down and supported the club! And especially like to thanks the guys who came down early to help set up and sell tickets. Thanks to you the the showing looked vaguely professional! Better yet it went off without a hitch and the club actually made a profit! Seriously though, it might sound obvious but if you guys didn’t come to these shows we wouldn’t be able to run them and we would miss out on some great opportunities! Photos from the night will be uploaded soon.
If you were busy yesterday and are sad you missed the chance to throw money at the club, we have confirmed Andy Kirkpatrick for December 17th! More info to be confirmed but Andy’s talks are always as hilarious as they are daftly impressive.
Money burning a hole in your wallet and you don’t think you can wait until December? You can get your philanthropic fix by going to freshers trip! Think of it as a more interactive film tour, but with less film and more alcohol! It is £20 for the trip , come sign up at the wall, and details are found above under the “Trips” tab. But come down and sign up quickly, there are only 50 spaces and the trip fills up quick!