This Tuesday, 4th November, (Tomorrow!) the awesome guys at Cotswolds Outdoor are bringing a tonne of gear down to the PEC climbing wall and it’s all on discount! If you are new to the club this is the best time to buy gear. They do a freshers deal with harness, belay plate and screwgate. What every climber needs to get started. But they best thing will be the range of shoes! You can try on climbing shoes and get advice from the Cots guys themselves on fit and performance. These guys do not work on commission so don’t worry about being sold something you don’t need. If you have been in the club a while and need some bits and bobs this is a good chance for you to!
Club time tomorrow!
Ps. If you have cash instead of card things will go quicker / your life will be easier!
This Thursday is the first pub crawl of the year!
It’s £2 per person (£3 if you don’t turned up dressed like a multi-coloured nutjob) and all money will go to Mourne Mountain rescue.So not only is it an excuse to get drunk, you are getting drunk for charity! Your hangover will save lives!
- Wear 6 different coloured pieces of clothes that you don’t care about losing. Red, White, Blue, Orange, Green and Yellow.
- Accessories like a pair of gloves or ear muffs count.
- Each person can make 1 swap of clothing per pub with the aim being to get 6 pieces of the one colour by the end of the night. Like a solved rubiks cube.
- Drink vouchers will be handed out to anyone in the last pub who presents themselves correctly to the most sober committee member present.
- If a soberish committee member is not available a high functioning alcoholic committee member should be slapped in the face a few times to revive them.
- Public nudity is officially not permitted (Unofficially it is only frowned upon in the mildest possible fashion)
Chances are you will never see the items of clothing again so don’t wear anything expensive! We recommend heading to charity shops, Primark or pound shops to pick stuff up on the cheap!
- Meet from 18.00 In Madison’s – catch the cocktail deal. This is a warm up pub for hardcore, Rubix swapping is not permitted yet to give people a chance to get out of uni and get sorted.
- 19:00-19:45 The Empire
- 19:15 Explain the Rules, collect money and commence swapping.
- 20:00-20:30 Lavery’s Downstairs
- 20:45-21:30 The Parlour
- 21:45-22-15 Ryan’s
- 22.25-23:10 Cuckoo
- 23.25-23.55 The Eglantine Inn
- 00.00-Kickout The Bot, Final swap chance and presentation of solved colours at 00:15
Hope you guys have recovered from the freshers trip!
I’d like to give a massive thanks to everyone who came down and supported the club! And especially like to thanks the guys who came down early to help set up and sell tickets. Thanks to you the the showing looked vaguely professional! Better yet it went off without a hitch and the club actually made a profit! Seriously though, it might sound obvious but if you guys didn’t come to these shows we wouldn’t be able to run them and we would miss out on some great opportunities! Photos from the night will be uploaded soon.
If you were busy yesterday and are sad you missed the chance to throw money at the club, we have confirmed Andy Kirkpatrick for December 17th! More info to be confirmed but Andy’s talks are always as hilarious as they are daftly impressive.
Money burning a hole in your wallet and you don’t think you can wait until December? You can get your philanthropic fix by going to freshers trip! Think of it as a more interactive film tour, but with less film and more alcohol! It is £20 for the trip , come sign up at the wall, and details are found above under the “Trips” tab. But come down and sign up quickly, there are only 50 spaces and the trip fills up quick!
We’re proud to announce we are hosting the Brit Rock film tour! The only screening in the North and the first in Ireland, the tour covers the best (and the daftest) in extreme sports in the UK. With films on mountain biking, kayaking and fell running this is not just for hardcore climbers.
When: October 8th, 8:00pm.
Where: Queens MBC building (Beside City Hospital) in room LT1 (first on your left)
Cost: £10 Adult, £7.50 student
Watch the trailer below and and if you don’t get psyched you are in the wrong club!
Psyched now? Awesome, buy your tickets here.
We got an email from Rory Martin, the new activity manager at Colin Glen Trust. They are looking for “Casual Activity Instructors” over the summer and wanted to know if any of our members were interested. It seems like a pretty casual job, zero hour contract at the like. They just want people who know where to stick and not stick a rope.
So it’s November and all the freshers should be settled in by now! Between club nights, Tuesdays at the pub, Freshers Trip, Pub Crawl and house partys; there have been plenty of social events for you guys to mingle and get to know the club oldies! That’s why we waited until now to elect a Freshers Representative. Continue reading “EGM (Freshers Rep Time!)”
For those of you that missed the debauchery of the Freshers Trip, or those that aren’t having WW1 style flashbacks *shudder*, it’s pub crawl time! Continue reading “Fancy Dress Pub Crawl!”